TOKEN CYCLING CLUB
Welcome to the TOKEN Cycling Club, where passionate people from all walks of life come together to ride our bikes. And drink coffee. And the occasional beer…
TOKEN Cycling SA has been operating in South Africa for 4 years now, and from the outset I have had an objective of starting a cycling club, to operate as a conduit for me to put back a little of what I get out of cycling. As a result, the main objectives of the club are as follows:
- Provide a way for like-minded people to group themselves together under a single banner to enjoy cycling-related activities.
- Provide a means for me to give back to the people who support my brands in the form of discounts, complimentary race hospitality at selected events, special offers, discounts from partners, etc.
- Enable me to provide access to cycling to people who may ordinarily not have been able to do so. This will take the form of sponsorships, donations, fundraisers, or any other means that we may brainstorm over time.
- Help develop promising young cyclists who would otherwise struggle to do so.
- Create a network for cyclists, from professional to novice, to interact, learn, teach, and just be.
- Grow TOKEN Cycling SA so that we are able to provide more premium cycling products at competitive prices to more people.
While the above 6 key objectives will no doubt prove challenging at times, this is a journey that I have wanted to embark on for several years now. I am pleased that it is finally underway, and I look forward to having you along with me as part of “Team TOKEN”
Thank you for joining the TOKEN Cycling Club. Should you have any ideas or suggestions please don’t hesitate to mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
R 1 500.00 Once-off joining fee
- TOKEN Cycling Club Kit (Bib short and Jersey)
- 1 Calendar Year Membership – Join now for 2019
- Marshaled Club Rides every Saturday and Sunday from Cedar Square Shopping Centre (Details below)
- 10% off everything at www.tokencycling.co.za
- Free CSA Racing License approval
- Complimentary access to the TOKEN gazebo at selected races (includes soft drinks).
- Exclusive offers on selected items on an ad hoc basis.
- A complimentary post-ride coffee on club rides for everyone in club kit.
TOKEN Cycling Club Rides leaving from Cedar Square in Fourways / Craigavon
Saturday (Leaving at 07h00 until 31 August 2019)
Rides will follow a roughly circular route through the Cradle of Humankind where traffic is minimal and there are generous shoulders and cycle lanes for most of the routes. There are several route options for you to choose from dependent on your mood and cycling ability. There will be a re-group point at the traffic circle at the top of the “Valverde Climb” roughly 20km into the ride, and then another at Bidon Bistro near Kloofzicht at 53km / 70km depending which route you’re following. The support vehicle, when applicable, will follow route option 1, and will at all times ride behind the last club member on the day. The route distances will vary between 78km and 107km, and 1 000 – 1 600m of climbing, and you are free to decide for your self on the day which route / group you’d like to ride with.
Depending on the number of riders we will set off in up to 4 different groups.